Reciprocity allows Arizona Summit Law School students and alumni to use some of the resources of other law schools’ Career Services departments. As part of a grant of reciprocity, most law schools allow access to their job postings, though not always to their online job postings (in such instances, you must physically travel to their school to view a binder of job postings). Further, most law schools do not grant reciprocity requests during peak fall recruitment months, August through November, and prohibit participation in their on-campus interviewing programs.
Visit the NALP website for links to the reciprocity policies of ABA-accredited law schools. Review the policy of the school from which you would like reciprocity and then contact our office at: email@example.com Please provide the name of the law school and the reciprocity contact's name, address, phone number and email address. We will communicate directly with them to secure reciprocity for you.
Reciprocity Requests by Students and Alumni of Other Law Schools
To be granted reciprocity with Summit’s CPD, please review our Reciprocity Policy and then contact your law school’s Career Services Department with your request. Your law school will then contact our office directly to secure reciprocity for you.
Arizona Summit Law School is pleased to provide access to our Center for Professional Development to students and graduates of other ABA-accredited law schools. The Center for Professional Development reserves the right to adjust the stated policy if the requesting school has a more restrictive policy. Guidelines for reciprocity are as follows:
- Reciprocity will be granted only to other ABA-accredited law schools that provide reciprocal privileges to students and alumni of Arizona Summit Law School.
- Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing or email by a career services administrator, certifying the status of the student or alumni who is seeking reciprocity.
- Normally, reciprocity will be granted on a one-for-one exchange basis.
- Students/alumni will have in-office access to job postings, resource materials and handouts for a period of 90 days. Request for renewal will be considered on an individual basis. Reciprocity does not include access to the password-protected portion of the Arizona Summit Law School Career website or participation in any interview programs or job fairs.
- Reciprocity will be granted for a three-month period with the exception of Fall OCI and spring OCI, Aug. 15 through Nov. 15 and Feb. 1 through March 31.
- Students/alumni should bring a copy of the letter granting reciprocity privileges and register with the CPD staff at each visit.
- The Center for Professional Development may deny further reciprocal privileges to any individual who misuses its facilities or services.
Requests for reciprocity should be directed to the Center for Professional Development firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to working with you.