Arizona Summit Law School participates in the Department of Education’s Federal Work Study (FWS) program. For many students, FWS is an ideal way to help pay for law school while actively participating in the community. This program is a federal need-based initiative consisting of part-time jobs, nonprofit opportunities and community service positions. Students also gain work experience and improve marketability, while reducing loan indebtedness.
Some important things to note about Federal Work Study:
- An FWS award is not disbursed in a lump sum, but rather twice a month for hours you actually worked.
- An FWS award will NOT automatically credit your student account balance charges.
- FWS is awarded as part of your financial aid package. To activate your FWS award, you still need to apply and be hired in an FWS job.
- As an FWS employee, you are limited to earn the amount of your FWS award.
- You must have completed a current FAFSA on file.
- You must demonstrate need according to your FAFSA and do not request the maximum cost of attendance* (please see Annie Wan in the Financial Aid Office to confirm).
- For on-campus and off-campus jobs, you must be 1L, second semester or higher.
- You must have a 2.2 GPA or higher.
For eligibility information, please contact Financial Aid at email@example.com